Below we give you step-by-step instructions to prepare the best egg salad recipe from Morocco, a unique and easy cold appetizer and a very smart idea too. The lemon juice makes the boiled eggs amazingly refreshing.
As we always advise with such modest recipes, use the best eggs and the best lemons you can find. It’s the best way to uncover and enjoy the full potential of Mediterranean food recipes like this simple egg salad recipe.
The bright color is also a distinctive feature of this Arabic easy appetizer recipe. Great as a party appetizer as well!
If you’d like your salad to be more homogeneous, use an egg slicer, otherwise use a knife to cut the egg into slices. As you can see in the picture, we sliced them with a knife; It’s up to you and your personal preferences, both ways are fine.
Serves 4 as appetizer
- 4 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic —peeled and minced
- The juice of 2 lemons —freshly pressed
- 5 sprigs flat parsley —leaves minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
How to prepare this healthy egg salad recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes.
- Boil the eggs in shell for 5 minutes. If the eggs are very big, increase the cooking time 2 or 3 minutes. Don’t cook the eggs much longer or they will become too dry and too tough.
- In the meantime, peel the garlic cloves. Combine garlic and salt in a mortar and pound them into a fine paste with the pestle. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Mince the garlic leaves in a small cup or glass with the scissors upside down.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and briefly run tap cold water over them. As soon as you can hold them with your hands, peel them. It’s much easier to peel them when they are still warm.
- Slice the boiled eggs with a knife or an egg slicer and place them in a bowl. Add the garlic and lemon paste and mix.
- Pour the olive oil, scatter the minced parsley and mix well but gently.
- Serve at room temperature or a little bit cooled
Here you have it: what some consider the best egg salad recipe. We hope you now feel like experimenting with it. Enjoy!